Employment and Support Allowance: What is ESA Benefit and How Much ESA Will I Get If I get PIP?

Updated on April 30, 2024

Employment and Support Allowance: What is ESA Benefit and How Much ESA Will I Get If I get PIP?

To learn more about Employment and Support Allowance, read this article: What is the ESA Benefit, and if I receive PIP, how much ESA will I receive?

Employment and Support Allowance

The Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is one benefit available to people who are unable to work due to a disease or condition. When you are ill or disabled, ESA offers you financial support if you are unable to work and customized assistance so that you can work when you are able to.

It is challenging to work while suffering from a terminal illness; ESA can assist by offering financial assistance. Stay tuned for more information on Employment and Support Allowance in this article if you live in the United Kingdom.

What is ESA Benefit?

For individuals without Statutory Sick Pay whose illness or disability prevents them from working, there is a financial program called Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). There are two types of Employment and Support Allowance: the income-related version and the contributory/New Style version.

To assist you in managing your illness or disability at work, it provides you with access to a Work Coach, employment, training, and condition management support, among other resources. The income-based Universal Credit is replacing the Employment and Support Allowance.

Employment and Support Allowance:

You might be transferred to ESA if you have been receiving other benefits like Income Support or Incapacity Benefit.

Employment and Support Allowance
Provided byUK Government
BeneficiariesDisabled population of the country who cannot work.
Benefit Amount£67.20-£84.80
Eligible AgeState Pension Age
ESA Online PortalGov.UK

Employment and Support Allowance Eligibility

In the event that your illness or disability prevents you from working, you may be eligible for Employment Allowance, or ESA. If any of the following describe you, you may be qualified for ESA:

You are too young to be eligible for state pension; you have a medical condition that keeps you from working;
You work for yourself, are employed, unemployed, or are a student who receives Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment;
Statutory Sick Pay has either ended or is no longer accessible to you;
You do not receive unemployment benefits.
Because of a disability or other reason, you have been receiving Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and have not returned to work for your employer.

You may be eligible for ESA if you have worked or lived abroad and have paid enough for UK national insurance. Certain regulations may allow you to apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you have a terminal illness.

How Much ESA Will I Get If I get PIP?

ESA is provided in addition to PIP (Personal Independence Payment) and other benefits. Individuals with disabilities and long-term health issues can receive financial assistance through the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Employment Support Allowance (ESA).

The Earned Special Allowance (ESA) is a benefit available to unemployed people who are unable to work as much and are under state pension age. PIP is intended to help with some of the additional costs associated with having a long-term health condition, and it is available to both employed and unemployed people.

You will normally receive the “assessment rate” for 13 weeks while your claim is being reviewed. This can be as much as £84.80 for people over 25 and as much as £67.20 for those under 25 each week. If you are eligible, you and your partner will receive £152.80 per week under the severe disability premium (or £76.40 if you are not).

Claiming Employment and Support Allowance

If you wish to submit a claim on behalf of yourself or another person, you must file a form. You may be eligible to claim ESA in addition to or instead of Universal Credit, depending on your National Insurance record.

Take a look below to learn about the entire ESA claim procedure.

Online applications are accepted at https://www.apply-new-style-employment-support-allowance.service.gov.uk/who-is-applying, which is the government website.
You can reach Jobcentre Plus by calling 0800 055 6688. They will inquire over the phone and finish the form for you.
After submitting an application, you will be invited to fill out a questionnaire titled “limited capacity for work” and take part in a medical evaluation known as a “work capability assessment.”
This looks at how your illness or disability has affected you personally.

You will be assigned to either the “work-related activity group” or the “support group” if you satisfy the ESA eligibility requirements.

We appreciate you visiting our portal and reading through this article about the advantages of ESA.

Leave a Comment